2018 Past Events
Thursday, April 26
Location: Hilton Garden Inn-West Indianapolis
In 2017, we experienced one of the most 'calm' year of market conditions in history. Stocks steadily went up, with very little downside. One question we posed in our 1st Quarter Market Update video in January was: "When would volatility return?"
It has only taken the first quarter of 2018 to answer that question. Volatility is back in the markets. We experienced one of the best January's in history, followed by one of the quickest market corrections (10% drop) on record in February, occurring in only 13 days. Many investors are left scratching their heads with these quick, sudden moves we've seen over the past few months.
- Should I fear the recent correction in the markets?
- Should What does volatility really mean for my retirement goals ans should I be making adjustments to my investments?
- What could/should drive markets going forward?
Thursday, March 15th
Location: Riz Charles-North Indianapolis
On December 22, 2017, President Trump signed the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act. This new tax plan incorporates some of the largest adjustments to our tax code since the 1980's, with significant changes to both individual and corporate tax rates.
- How does the new tax plan affect me?
- Should I make adjustments in my personal plan to accommodate the changes in the new tax law?
- What impact will these changes have both in the short term and long term economically?