CEO, Senior Wealth Advisor
Seeing the impact his father made in the lives of his clients, Eric Ford was drawn to a career where he, too, could help others improve their financial well-being. In 2007, he joined forces with Steve and has since played a key role in the growth of WealthCare Partners. Eric directs day-to-day management of the firm while simultaneously serving clients as an investment advisor representative and proactive wealth manager.
Eric attended Taylor University and graduated Cum Laude with a degree in business administration. After college, he first worked for MassMutual Financial Group before partnering with his father and subsequently achieving his CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ (CFP®) certification. He currently holds series 7 & 66 registrations in addition to his health, variable, and life insurance licenses.
Much of Eric’s passion for excellence was instilled in him through the game of basketball. He earned a full-ride athletic scholarship, resulting in numerous accolades, including Third All-Time leading scorer in Taylor history, Conference Player of the Year in the MCC (sophomore and senior year), 3-Time All-American, and first player in Taylor history to be named 1st team All-American. His leadership both on and off the court helped his team make four consecutive National Tournament appearances. Taylor University honored these accomplishments by inducting Eric into their Athletic Hall of Fame in 2012.
Eric continues to stay active by competing in basketball and softball leagues, as well as hitting the golf course. He’s also an avid Indianapolis Colts fan who makes it to as many home games as possible. Perhaps the most rewarding position he plays, however, is as a husband and father. Eric and his wife, Stephanie, have two boys, Crew and Cole. The whole family shares a love of sports, both playing and watching, and Eric enjoys coaching Crew and Cole’s sports teams. When the family isn’t on a court or ballfield, they enjoy relaxing at home by watching movies and playing board games.
Understanding the importance of widening his influence within the community, Eric was an active member of Westlake Community Church of God for many years. There, he served on the finance team and taught investment classes to youth involved in the Financial Peace University. He and his family now attend Connection Pointe Christian Church.
GETTING TO KNOW ERIC
- Favorite food: Filet Mignon
- Favorite quote: “Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are”
- If you could meet anyone, past or present, it would be: Jesus
- Favorite book: ‘The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People’
- Favorite movie: The Pursuit of Happyness
- Favorite TV show: Modern Family
- What motivates you: Making a positive impact in others’ lives
- Favorite holiday: 4th of July
- Something on your bucket list: Take my boys on sports ‘road trips’ to visit different basketball arenas, football stadiums and baseball parks across the country
- Place you’d most like to visit: To stay in a beach hut over the water in Fiji
- Biggest accomplishment: Being a Dad